Keep It Local!
It's Keep It Local Week! There are so many reasons to Shop Chesham
1. Local spend boosts the local economy, creates local jobs and generates local wealth.
2. Less packaging, less travelling, less fuel = Less carbon emissions and a healthier environment.
3. Local businesses support local events, charities, sports clubs, school events, libraries, amenities…If our local businesses thrive, so do our communities.
4. Buying local not only boosts the economy, but it also helps local people to pay their bills and feed their families; be it the local butcher, hairdresser, jeweller, stationer.
5. Local businesses tend to be run by local people, not corporate boards, uninterested shareholders or algorithms. Meet real people, face-to-face, that care about your local area.
6. Networking - Build relationships with other local businesses and individuals, creating partnerships with mutual benefits and support. Who knows, your local contact might just be able to provide your son or daughter with their first work experience or next career path!
7. Know what you are buying when you shop locally. Local businesses are less likely to offer poor quality goods as they know they deal face-to face with customers unlike large online corporations.
8. Though large retailers and big-box companies offer a wide selection; the variety is decided by small groups of corporate buyers. Real choice comes from dozens of independent businesses tailoring their goods and services to their unique community needs.
9. You can rest-assured that your local independent business will be paying their fair share of corporation tax, rent, council tax, income tax and national insurance, contributing to the wealth of our nation.
10. The feel-good factor! We all know it is best to buy local, yet sometimes the temptation to just go online or open the App of a global company with super-fast delivery is just too tempting, despite the extra cost to the environment, the additional packaging, the transportation, the damage to our local community…Taking that time to stop, re-consider and Keep It Local will give you a much warmer and more satisfying experience.
Related Categories »