CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER AND TOWN CLERK
SCP 51 – 57 (£59,995 - £71, 637) plus outer fringe allowance and
Local Government Pension Scheme (pay award pending)
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for an experienced and inspirational leader to join our forward thinking, ambitious and community-minded town council.
Chesham Town Council exists ‘To improve the quality of life of all the residents of Chesham’. We work in close partnership with organisations, volunteers and the wider community to offer services to our residents, including parks and open spaces, leisure, entertainment, allotments, play areas and environmental projects, in addition to the management of our commercial income generating facilities. We are interesting in that we own a 300-seat theatre, The Elgiva, and an open air swimming pool and gym at The Moor, which account for a significant element of our operational and commercial activity. We are also a key supplier of services devolved down from the higher unitary authority, on behalf of Chesham’s residents and numerous local Parish Councils.
About the role
The Chief Executive Officer and Town Clerk will be responsible for working with elected members to build and deliver CTC’s vision, provide strong and inclusive leadership, and drive the strategic management direction of CTC. They will ensure that strategic objectives are met in order that residents and businesses benefit from exemplar services, which are aligned to identified need.
Working with elected members to set the direction for the Council, the Chief Executive Officer and Town Clerk will lead the development of the CTC work programme, initiate new projects, and oversee delivery to an agreed timetable and budget. In this pivotal role, you’ll provide outstanding leadership and vision to the Officer team, driving a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
Your strategic vision will drive CTC forward, motivate others and bring an ambitious and inspiring mindset vital to this position. You should apply if:
- You have a consistent record of service improvement and change transformation achieved in a leadership position, gained in a public or private sector organisation.
- You have experience of developing an organisational culture that is committed to strong performance and delivering high quality services.
- You can effectively build relationships with stakeholders, including partners, communities, public agencies, voluntary bodies, and statutory authorities.
- You are confident in acting as a role model, and capable of using intellect, conviction, and energy to inspire staff at all levels towards a common vision.
- Evidence of successful delivery of large-scale projects.
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV and a supporting statement (no more than two pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your motivation for applying for the post and how your skills and experience match the Person Specification.