Which Council Does What?

The Town Council is the most local of the two tiers of government that represent Chesham and the only one with an office in the town. The other tier is Buckinghamshire Council which came into being in April 2020, replacing Buckinghamshire County Council and Chiltern District Council.

The two councils are responsible for different services. We have listed below the most popular council services to help you find out who you need to speak to on a particular issue. If you aren’t sure which council you need to contact, please call us at the Town Hall on 01494 774842 (Monday to Friday 10 am to 4.30 pm) or email admin@chesham.gov.uk and we will be happy to advise you.

Chesham Town Council
Tel: 01494 774842 (Mon to Fri, 10am to 4.30pm)
Email admin@chesham.gov.uk

Chesham Cemetery
Football Pitches
Local Produce Market
Open Spaces & Play Areas
Town Hall room hire
Verge Cutting

We also manage The Elgiva theatre and cinema and Chesham Moor Gym and Swim.

Buckinghamshire Council
Tel: 0300 131 6000

Bucks Council covers the following services:
Adult Learning
Blue Badges
Building Control
Business Rates
Car Parks
Community Safety
Council Tax
Dogs and Fouling
Electoral Services
Environmental Health
Gypsies and Travellers
Pest Control
School Admissions
School Transport
Social Care
Street Cleaning
Trading Standards
Waste Management and Recycling
Youth Services